More About Me! :)

 My name is Brielle Baird. However, I go by my middle name Kayla. People often ask me why I go by my middle name instead of my first they immediately assume it is because I do not like my first name. This is not true, I go by my middle name because that is just the name my parents and family  have always called me by even though they made Brielle my first name. I do not know why they did this to me, it complicates my life more than necessary but it is what it is. 


I started attending Bethel University in the fall of 2022 when my family made the decision to move to Huntingdon Tennessee from Atlanta Georgia. Tennessee is the fifth state that I have lived in so far. I was born originally in New York. From there we moved to New Jersey, to Florida, to Georgia and now to Tennessee. My parents made the decision to move to Huntingdon after buying many acres of land in which they intend to live completely off the grid. So far we have a well for water, solar panels for light and electricity, and they have been working on their land making it so they can have many fruits and vegetable gardens so they eventually will not have to depend on the grocery store to get food. 




When we initially moved, I hated every second of it. The isolation of the country made me scared and uneasy, the people were so weird to me and I felt alone. It’s been about two years since I’ve been here and sometimes it is still tough but I am slowly getting used to it. I still have not been able to make any friends or vibe with the people or the culture here but I have found peace in my solitude and it has made my relationship with my siblings so much better. I also have so many pets now that I’m here because there are so many stray animals in the area where I live. I’ve rescued three dogs and a cat since living here and they are my best friends in the whole world! 












The last two photos are of my puppies Blue and Pepper. I call them the Gremlins because they are ankle biters and they terrorize me everyday. I would have much more pets but my dad says we cannot adopt every stray we find. 


If you would like to know more about me and enjoy reading my blog please visit my website at Kaylasblogisbetter.blogspot.com
I am looking forward to everything I will learn this semester! 







Comments

  1. Your pets are so cute, you picked nice photos that show off their personalities nicely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be dope living off the grid and basically providing for yourselves real definition of Black excellence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are so cute! And admirable the fact you moved 5 times, must be complicated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two puppies are beautiful, I bet they are a handful though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you haven't really gotten adjusted to the lifestyle here, hopefully you will soon. My family also has an ankle biter LOL. She's a puppy chihuahua.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment